My husband used to really like Chicken Cordon Bleu before we decided to be a vegan family. I recently saw Silk cream at the store and thought to try and make a vegan version of this old favorite. Upon first bite, Greg stopped and muttered, “Wow, this is good.” Second and third bites and all successive bites were just as good. 🙂 It takes a pretty strong (and wonderful) flavor for him to declare this, so I think the recipe was a success.
Lisa’s Easy and Simple Vegan Chicken Cordon Bleu:
- 2 boxes Boca Breaded “Chicken” Patties (Morningstar ones are NOT vegan!)
- 1 small carton Silk cream, use about 2/3 the container
- 2 packages vegan ham slices, chopped
- 1 1/2 packages Vegan Gourmet mozzarella cheese, chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced/pressed
- 1/2-1 cup (not measured) vegan parmesan cheese
- 1 package of your favorite small pasta, we used a mixed version
Cook patties in the stove (I like to thaw them first so they cook faster and are crisp but not burnt) while you are cooking the pasta according to its package. Mix cream, 1/2 package cheese, and garlic on the stovetop and bring to nearly a boil. Lower the temperature and add the chopped ham and parmesan cheese. Once it is sort of thick (the pasta should be finished by now), turn off the heat and add the rest of the cheese (I add it at the end so it doesn’t melt 100% since we like the chunks). Pour sauce over the pasta, mix gently. Lay out patties on a plate or bowl and cover with the pasta and sauce. This recipe fed a hungry family of four with leftovers for at least one. Enjoy!