Another quick and easy recipe here for a family favorite:
Vegan Chicken Parmesan:
- 1 package whole wheat pasta (we love this recipe with rotini or penne best)
- 1 jar of your favorite pasta sauce – make sure it’s vegan! We love the fat-free mushroom sauce from Trader Joe’s.
- 4-5 chopped tomatoes
- Extra veggies as desired
- 1 package Vegan Gourmet mozzarella
- Vegan Parmesan, as desired
- 2 boxes Boca “Chicken” patties
- Tofutti cream cheese, if desired
Thaw (in microwave if necessary) “chicken” patties. Using kitchen scissors, cut the patties into pieces. Put onto cookie sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes at 375F. Meanwhile, cook pasta as on package. Heat sauce and extras on stovetop or in microwave until warm. Grate or slice mozzarella.
Once the separate ingredients are cooked, put onto plates in this order: pasta, cream cheese (optional), sauce, “chicken” patties, mozzarella, parmesan. Heat in oven for 5-10 minutes or in microwave for 1-2 minutes. Eat and enjoy! This recipe makes enough for 6-8 people, or 4 people with leftovers. 🙂